Manager - Change Configuration Release / Project Manager
I am an IT professional that specializes in the Service Management (ITIL) processes - Change, Configuration and Release (CCR) Management. As part of my role managing the CCR processes, I ensure that the documented policy, process and procedures are followed in an effective and efficient manner. In addition, I also work with the project managers to ensure that their projects are planned effectively and efficiently in accordance with established guidelines, standards and best practices such as PRINCE2 and PMP.
Dubai World -Dubai, uae
2006 to 2009
ITIL Change Configuration Release Manager/ Deployment Team Lead
05/2009 to 10/2009
Dubai World is a leading conglomerate of companies that contributes to the advancement of Dubai as well as venture into international markets.
I was promoted to the position of Change Configuration Release Manager from the position of Executive IT Support Engineer.
• Manage ITIL CCR process implementation project.
• Defined and executed systems integration and objective architecture development activities for 29 Business units.
• Spearheaded a deployment team of 5 professionals to accommodate change requests from 250 employees.
• Smoothened information transfer between ITC and 29 BU's, improved (CCR Change Configuration Release) process, limiting transition plans to 3.5 hours and decreasing clearance time by 56% using lean management.
• Pioneered the use of Configuration Information (CI) and built the Configuration Management System (CMS) for efficient functioning of the organization within 3 days of commencement.
• Participated in ISO 20000 consultant committee for Dubai Customs.
Responsibilities as Change Configuration Manager (Jun 2009 - Oct 2009):
• Developed and maintained enterprise-wide integration and dependency schedules, identified and documented business and system processes on UAT and PROD in the configuration management system.
• Tailored RFC's processes to fit the requirements of the business by optimizing risk exposure and minimizing severity of impact as per ITIL standards.
• Led CAB committee for evaluating and approving, any proposed changes after establishment of the configuration management baseline.
• Devised standards and procedures, conducted periodic reviews to ensure that change management controls are capable of supporting deployment activities and implementations to meet business needs.
• Conducted trainings for stakeholders and ITC employees and measured employee performance in accordance to the set KPI's.
• Liaised with Projects & Operations teams and successfully migrated Projects into Production environment.
• Implemented activities/ processes to achieve repetition of solution implementation to assist in cost control improve margins and optimize operational efficiency.
• Refined existing automated build processes and regularly identify build errors and streamlined handover process and documentation according to ITIL standards.
• Identified new tools, technologies, and processes to improve the reliability, repeatability, and efficiency of builds and releases.
• Integrated build system with baseline server configuration before service is released into production.
• Maintained and updated a software library regularly to administer the release process.
• Tailored business driven solutions designed to meet the customer (internal/ external) needs and expectations by collating information from users.
• Kept abreast of all internal and external factors affecting customers, developed full understanding of the customer and service issues and played a key link in customer and the service provider relationship.
Executive IT support Engineer
08/2006 to 05/2009
• Compiled all information in one comprehensive delegate management system to enhance traceability of details for DP WORLD HQ communication department.
• Spearheaded the support and training activity for Blackberry/ Accellion implementations. Installed FairPlay server, created client side installation manual, provided support for all IT support engineers and users in DP world.
• Transformed process for documenting and executing storage plan to efficiently utilize tapes.
• Provided technical support to centralize control using Radia and standardize set of access using Active Directory to 250 windows XP workstations.
• Optimized travel costs and loss of executive travel time to augment efficiency and productivity using robust technology applications to implement video conferencing system and save $20, 000.
• Championed the configuration of iPhone, Nokia E/N series, ioe, Palm with existing exchange server.
Responsibilities as Executive IT Support Engineer
• Resolve incident within agreed periods as per targets set in SLA.
• Undertook ongoing tuning for delivering higher service quality along with 29 support engineers and further imparted training to 5 new joiners.
• Installed, configured, upgraded and migrated software and tools as per requirements. Reported to the management on issues pertaining to computer usage, priorities and downtime.
xmedia technology – doha, qatar, Information Technology
2005 to 2006
Key Projects to Credit:
• Managed CCTV implementation on construction sites to animate its progress.
• Designed and deployed wireless network for 2 store restaurant and 4 buildings compound.
• Built online “Best of" tool to provide customers with the best bundles that match their needs based on a series of questions or interest to view more details of a product.
• Led web site infrastructure design and support, from functional walkthroughs and technical designs to implementations and production release, refining reproducible web portal development methodology resulting in 27% reduction in errors.
• Facilitated Quick Jump Menu for Joomla CMS for easy website navigation and was downloaded more than 6200 time from my website http://www.nehmewalid.com.
• Evaluated and defined project requirements, created test plans for new and modified dynamic web requirements while devising solutions by applying business analysis and mapping, contiguously restructuring / reallocating resources.
• Researched and analyzed complex business processes, to conceptualize cross compatible generic/customized system tools applicable for developing high end business solutions.
• Performed screen design, coding, unit testing, and documented web-based applications which allowed segregation of time frames for graphic design and web development.
• Kept abreast of emerging technologies in order to deliver the most up-to-date solutions and automate processes.
• Pioneered optimal solutions by analyzing and identifying areas for modification for the problem domain.
• Provided leadership to multiple project teams across diverse geographical locations (5 in Lebanon and 3 in Doha) for testing and support of complex software application solutions being delivered to clients.
• Mentored and motivated the project team, rewarded out-of-the-box thinking & innovative ideas and unified team vision.
Albalad newspaper– Beirut, lebanon , Journalism
2003 to 2005
Project Manager & Programmer
Key Projects to Credit:
• Handled a project for web presence of http://www.albaladonline.com which boosted profits of the organization and enhanced customer satisfaction index.
• Developed software for “Integra” News system that lead to successful administration and workflow improvement using PHP4, MySql, Apache 2.
• Deployed Samba Domain Controller (on RedHat), for Windows (free File server).
• Trimmed internet usage and expenses by 25% by implementing SUS server.
• Designed, developed and implemented Firewall rules for the organization to increase network security.
• Conceptualized and implemented applications using Delphi 7(DN Spider, Magic DVD burner, CopyPDF).
• Analyzed the requirements and specifications, proposed software designs, defined development scope, objectives and project schedules. Coded, tested and troubleshoot programs to ensure it meets client requirements.
• Formulated, streamlined long term IT development and application strategies to align technology for infrastructure design and software development.
• Performed a key bridging role to review business process and ERP system in use, creatively formulated operational processes to automate processes and effectively aligned IT solution to business process with minimum human interference.
• Created software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, ensured a disaster recovery plan in place to restore photos and media.
• Configured the systems to DN Spider - a web crawler that downloads images from dalatinohra website and inserts captures in the image by its own.
International Service Link – Kuwait, Information Technology
2002 to 2003
IT Manager & Middle East Sales Representative
• Established a VOIP system consisting of gateways, linked to over 10 countries through centralized data base and billing system with lowest cost routing, providing services like phone to phone, PC 2 phone, call centers, with POP3 requesting mechanism.
• Customized the existing systems and developed a soft switch that can create DID phone number from any country worldwide and link it to the cell phones / PC.
• Developed a website www.telglobe.net for facilitating online calling services.
• Rolled out Network Infrastructure for ISL using LAN, TCPIP, NetBIOS, DNS, Cisco routers.
• Deployed Firewall/ Antivirus solution for the Data Center, Security System.
• Launched a Sales campaign for Crash Proof in Lebanon and Kuwait and managed a cabling project in entirety.
Kharkov State Technical University of Radio-Electronics–Kharkov, Ukraine
Master's degree, Computer Information Technology as an Analyst 2001
ITIL Foundation V3, ITIL Service Manager V2, Prince 2 foundation
Arabic, English and Russian.
3/7/1975, Male, Lebanon, Married, # of dependants 1, residency visa (Transferable)
Recommendations & References:
To download my CV go to IT change configuration release manager.doc